A blogger recently set me an interesting challenge: To identify the top ten fictional worlds I’d like to visit and why. I had great fun coming up with this list, and now I have a real bad case of travel-lust. 🙂 Reading back over my answers, I realize that in many cases my sole reason for wanting to visit these places is purely for the men that inhabit these fictional worlds. Gosh, I am so shallow! I just hope my husband never reads this!!
10. Asgard – The visual depiction of Marvel-Universe-created Asgard in the Thor movies is stunning, and I’d like to say I want to visit for the scenery. But, really it is just so I can fit my hands around Thor’s bulging biceps.
9. Neverland – Who doesn’t want to go flying with Peter Pan and drop-kick some mean ole nasty pirates?
8. Jurassic Park – I’d love to see a dinosaur up close and personal. Once I lived to tell the tale that is!
7. Middle Earth – My youngest son is obsessed with the ‘Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ movies, so I’d lose major brownie points if I didn’t include Middle Earth in my list of fictional places to visit. Callum would have to come with me of course.
6. Forks – Okay, so I know it’s actually a real place (somewhere in northwest Washington) but I want to visit the fictional Twilight world so that I can dispense with Bella, and Edward can turn me into a vampire instead.
5. Avatar – I’ve always wondered what my Na’vi avatar would look like, and I totally want to have a hippy-60’s style-singing session under the Tree of Light.
4. Planet Novo – Getting to hang out with my own fictional characters, in the fictional world I created, would be seriously awesome. And I’ve always dreamed of going into space.
3. Narnia – These books were some of my favorites when I was a kid, and it was great being able to read them to my own children. Narnia is a classic fantasy land, and I want to hang out with talking animals, warrior rats and Mr. Tumnus. Plus Prince Caspian is hot.
2. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry – I visited Harry Potter World in Universal Orlando with my family, and I’ve also seen the Harry Potter Tour in New York. I just can’t get enough of this fantastic world that J.K Rowling has created. Getting a chance to properly visit Hogwarts Castle, and to play Quidditch with Harry Potter is the stuff dreams are made of.
1. Star Wars Universe – I am a massive Star Wars fan, and I love all the worlds George Lucas created in this universe. My trip would have to include a spin in the Millenium Falcon and a major make-out session with Luke Skywalker. Then my life would be complete.
So there you have it! What about you? Are any of your favorites included? What fictional world would you most like to visit?